Graffiti Removal Service
The City of Canada Bay is serious about combating graffiti
Council offers a free graffiti removal service for private and commercial property within the local area.
If your property is the target of a graffiti attack, or you notice other graffiti on private or Council property, you can report this to Council and we will arrange for its removal. You can report graffiti by one of the following means:
- Use the Internet. Go to www.ausgr.com.au/canadabay and complete the simple on line reporting form. It will take you just a couple of minutes to complete this report and very shortly after you should receive an email message advising you how to track progress on this report
- Report by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ring the Graffiti Hotline on 9911 6444 24 hours a day
- Ring Council's Customer Services on 9911 6555 during business hours.
Council's graffiti removal policy does not cover removal of graffiti where it is:
- On surfaces above 2.4 metres in height from the ground
- In areas where the operator needs to enters a private property to achieve removal of the graffiti
- On premises occupied by large business organisation's such as banks, petrol stations, supermarkets, shopping malls, etc
- On infrastructure owned by utility providers e.g. Telstra, Roads and Maritime Services, Ausgrid, Australia Post etc
- Glass etching
- Where the building is graffiti guarded with a special graffiti protection coating (graffiti guard coatings require the use of specific special chemicals for removal)
- In areas that are developer owned.
If the graffiti in question is on installations owned by other service or utility providers a report should be made to the relevant body.
If you have any questions about Council's service you may call Council's Cleansing Coordinator on 9911 6555
Page last updated on: 10/03/15