How do I join the Library?
Join online for immediate access to our digital collection, research databases and online learning tools. For full membership, visit Concord Library or Five Dock Library or The Learning Space at the Connection, Rhodes with identification showing your name and current address.
Membership is free of charge. You are required to read and agree to our Public Internet and Computer Use Policy
People under the age of 16 needs a parent's or guardian's signature on their membership form before a library card can be issued.
When do I need my library card?
- Your library card can be used at Concord Library, Five Dock Library and The Learning Space at The Connection, Rhodes
- You need your card to borrow items when visiting the Library. You can also store your card's barcode on your smartphone/tablet using apps such as Stocard or Cardstar and scan at the self-checkouts.
- You need your library card number and password (DOB ddmmyyyy) to renew and reserve items online, and to use a public computer, printing, photocopier and scanning facilities.
How many items may I borrow and for how long?
Maximum limits by type of item:
- 20 books
- 10 audio books MP3s
- 10 magazines
- 10 music CDs
- 10 DVDs
- 4 school collection.
Maximum of 40 items per card at a time. All items may be borrowed for 21 days (three weeks).
What happens if I lose my library card?
- Contact us immediately if your card is lost or stolen
- You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card
- We suggest you to also store your card on your smartphone/tablet using apps such as Stocard or Cardstar
- A fee is charged if you need a replacement card.
What happens if I lose or damage a library item?
- Please inform us of any lost or damaged items
- Library staff will advise you of the replacement costs
- The replacement cost will include the price of the item and a processing fee
- Your membership will be temporary suspended until the replacement cost is paid in full.
Where do I return my library items?
You may return your library items to either Concord Library or Five Dock Library during opening hours and also through the after hours return chutes located outside these libraries.
How do I renew my loans?
You may renew library items a maximum of two times if no one else has reserved them.
- Library items may be renewed in person, by phone or via our Member Services.
- Complete Member login (Your password is your date of birth ddmmyyyy).
- Tick the items you wish to renew and 'Submit'.
- To renew Interlibrary Loans, please contact Document Delivery Officer on 9911 6352 or email Interlibrary Loans. Items may be renewed with the permission of the lending library.
How do I reserve items?
You may reserve library items in person via our Online Catalogue or by phone 9911 6210 (Concord Library) or 9911 6310 (Five Dock Library).
- Search Online Catalogue
- Select item
- Click the `Reserve Title' link on the item information table
- Complete Member login (Your password is your date of birth ddmmyyyy)
- Select pick up location
- If applicable, add a reservation note for library staff, e.g. unable to collect week commencing 2 April.
Do I have to pay fines on overdue items?
- Adults and young adults will be charged a fine of $2.50 per item for a second overdue notice
- The Library does not charge children 14 years of age and under overdue fines for late items.
Can I access wireless internet at the Library?
You may access library's free WiFi service during opening hours. On your device, select CCB_PUBLIC_WIFI and accept the terms and conditions.
How do I access computers at the Library?
- You need your library card number and password (DOB-ddmmyyyy) to access our public computers for a maximum of two hours per day
- Our computers include access to the Internet and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access etc)
- Please read and agree to abide by the Public Internet and Computer Use Policy
- All children from Preschool to Year 4 primary school must be accompanied by a responsible adult while using our public computers.
How do I photocopy or print at the Library?
- You will need your current library card and password (DOB ddmmyyyy) to access our technology facilities
- Charges apply for photocopying and printing
- Credit can be added to your card at Concord Library and Five Dock Library using cash, eftpos and credit cards
- Credit can be added to your card at The Learning Space at the Connection, Rhodes using eftpos and credit cards only.
Can I print from my PC, laptop, smartphone, iPad or Android tablet?
Yes, to print from your PC or laptop go to 'MyMonitor webprint'.
To print from your smartphone, iPad or Android tablet, please download the Monitor Mobile App for your device and follow the instructions
Does the Library accept donations?
Donations of books are only accepted if published within the last two years, are in good condition, and meet the criteria for selection. DVDs and any audio visual material are not accepted.
Does the Library have any strategic plan or policies?
See our Library Services Strategic Plan 2012-2017: bringing people and knowledge together
The following 12 Library Service policies have been adopted by City of Canada Bay:
For more details, please contact the Library on 9911 6200 or email email@example.com.