Section 149 Planning Certificates, also known as zoning certificates, are legal documents issued by Council under the provisions of Section 149 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. The certificate provides information on planning controls and any development restrictions which may apply to a particular parcel of land within the Council area. They are usually required upon the sale or purchase of a property.
There are two types of certificates:
- 149 (2) Certificate - Provides information about the zoning of the property, the relevant state, regional and local planning controls, other planning affectations such as heritage, land contamination and road widening and whether or not complying development can be carried out on the land.
- 149 (2) & (5) Certificate - Provides additional advice regarding demolition, foreshore building lines, other heritage considerations and general advice.
- $53 per lot for s.149 (2) certificate
- $133 per lot for s.149 (2) and (5) certificate.
Requests for multiple lots require an application for each individual lot.
The certificate is generally processed within 5 working days.
URGENT 149 Planning Certificate
Council offers an urgency service for processing 149 Planning Certificates. The following fees apply:
- Urgent 24 hours - additional $100 per lot
- Urgent 2 hours - additional $150 per lot.
Council reserves the right to make this service unavailable.
To Submit an Application proceed to Council's eServices page, please click here