Concord Carnival 2020 cancelled
Given widespread community concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made the decision to cancel this year’s Concord Carnival.
As disappointing as this is, the health and wellbeing of our community comes first.
Thank you to everyone for your support and enthusiasm in the lead up to the carnival.
Concord Carnival is back! The annual family fun day will be returning to Greenlees Park on Sunday, 15 March 2020 from 10am–4pm. Come along to the carnival which attracts over 30,000 people from across the City.
In 2020 we’re celebrating our community’s heritage. We’ll be reliving the Halcyon Days of Concord, a significant and iconic period of time that spanned from the 1920s through to the late 1940s.
The roaring twenties was a period of economic prosperity and growth for the middle class. Women’s rights grew following their indispensable contribution to the war effort. There was a celebrity craze in the media with movie stars and sporting heroes attaining unprecedented fame. Sport stadiums and palatial cinemas were built. Cars, lighting, radio broadcasts and more became commonplace.
The visual identity born from this time still defines the character of Concord. The event will include over 80 food, merchandise and information stalls, horse and carriage rides, vintage vehicle displays and free amusements.
Main Stage – Sponsored by BridJ
||The Athletic Buddha
||Ceroc Modern Jive
||Belindas Art of Dance
||An Andrews Sisters Tribute by Three Little Sisters
||1940's Harmony Group
||The Athletic Buddha
||Dorothy Cowie School of Dance
||Gatsby Singers & Dancers
||Chasing the Moon
||6 Piece Jazz Band
||Sandra Malone Dancers
||The Nassiban Dancers
Spiegel Tent – Sponsored by GenesisCare
||Gatsby Singers & Dancers
||Chasing the Moon
||6 Piece Jazz Band
||Julian Bull Magician
||An Andrews Sisters Tribute by Three Little SIsters
||1940's Harmony Group
||ADVC Performance Studio
||Julian Bull Magician
||Flamenco Dance School
Enjoy great international and local food! Got a craving for some Asian cuisine? Perhaps maybe something exotic from the Mediterranean? Or even just something quick and convenient but nonetheless tasty? We’ve got all your food needs covered at this year’s Concord Carnival.
Or why not sit back and relax with some dessert or a delicious drink after navigating all the spectacular shows, stalls and activities on offer.
Teleport your taste buds to the cuisines of Asia with tasty creations from the likes of:
- Guo Catering – Chicken satay and fried noodles
- Yan’s dumplings bun and noodles bar – Dumplings, buns, rice, noodles and more
- Yummy Time Dumplings – Dumplings.
Quench your thirst at:
- The Citrus Factory – Fresh lemonade
- Juice Queen – Fresh juices.
You can’t go wrong with Burgers and pizzas! Grab yourself a feed at:
- Pizzeria On The Road – Wood fire pizza
- Pitt Bull Smokehouse – Burgers, ribs, wings and fries
- Twist chips on a Stick – Twist chips and hot chips
- Youpizza – Pizza.
Who doesn’t love a taste of the Mediterranean? Experience a little slice of heaven from:
- Turkish Gozleme – Pastries
- La Flamenca Paella – Spanish paella
- Authentic Turkish Gozleme – Turkish gozleme
- Souvlaki Grill – Greek food and souvlaki
- Gnocchi Gnocchi – Potato gnocchi
- The Spanish Cook – Spanish seafood paella
- Wogs on Wheels – Gnocchi and arancini
- Inbocca – Porketta, caprese and burger arancini
- Ryan Gozleme – Turkish gozleme, fries and drinks
You deserve a treat every once in a while, including from:
- Wanderfood Catering – Dutch pancakes
- The Original Fairy Floss Company – Freshly spun fairy floss
- Juice Power & Poffertjes – Poffertjes & fresh homemade lemonade
- Mini Melts – Frozen ice cream, Italian granita and snow cones
- Italian Gingerbread & Nougat – Italian gingerbread and sweets
- N & A Donato – Soft serve ice-cream, gelato and shakes
- Gelato Fruit Mania – Soft serve ice-cream, gelato and coffee
- Mr Creamy Coffee & Ice-cream – Ice-cream, slushies, coffee and tea
- Espresso Organica – Coffee, cake, wraps and salads
For the Kids
Here at Concord Carnival, we're passionate about fun and families — and that’s why this year we have over seven different sporting activities the kids can join in, more than five arts and crafts activities and two different show bag stalls!
Bring the kids along for some activity and fun at this year’s Concord Carnival!
Are your kids active? Do they love sport? Or perhaps they just want to run around? Bring them down to any of these fun stalls sponsored by Canada Bay Club to get involved and have a great time:
- The Athletic Buddha – After school fitness & CrossFit youth program and stage demonstrations
- Little Kickers Canada Bay / Canterbury – Soccer games and drills
- West Harbour Union Football Club – Running and passing game
- Concord Giants Junior AFL Club – Local AFL team information
- Briars Sports Club – Sporting activities in cricket nets
- Five Dock Leisure Centre – Shaded gymnastics area
- Concord Golf Club – Inflatable driving range
- 1st Concord Scouts – Inflatable horizontal bungee
- Club Five Dock - Soccer and Junior Rugby league
- Circus Playground Sponsored by Travel Associates Concord – Try new things and learn new skills in this circus workshop area
- Fairground rides Sponsored by Trident Projects – Train, Giant Slide, Carousel, inflatable/bouncy castle, swing chairs and sideshow games.
Perhaps your kids prefer to create some art or become a living piece of art with the wonders of face painting and hair braiding from:
- Paint an Umbrella – Interactive kids craft
- Kids Kreative Sand Art – Sand art activities
- Plaster Fun House – Children’s plaster painting
- Louna Hair & Beauty – Hair braiding
- Mobile Sensory Garden – Sensory activities
- Horwood Nolan – Children’s gardening activity potting plants
- Devine Real Estate – Free face painting.
Why not grab a show bag as a little treat for yourself or the kids at:
- Larry’s Novelties – Show bags, hats, novelties, toys and inflatables
- Tracy’s Toys and Show bags – Toys, novelties and show bags.
Local Stalls and Sponsors
Looking for some new clothes, jewellery, accessories or gift? Perhaps you just want to see what some of your local business have to offer – find what you’re looking for:
Clothing and Jewellery:
- Aree – Jewellery and women’s clothing
- Lemisee – Women’s fashion
- Bowerbird Jewels – Jewellery
- The M Jewel – Silver jewellery & costume jewellery
- Poco Loco Crafts & Jewellery – Fashion jewellery
Gifts and Accessories:
- Red Dog Design – Coasters, magnets and tea towels
- Paperlight – Bubble makers and kids toys
- Tiamo Baby – Baby gifts & accessories
- Alternative Me – Eco home products
- Red Lauren – Candles, diffuses, car scents and soap
- Concord West Pharmacy – Skincare, gifts, bp monitors / checks and health info
Information and services:
- Raine & Horne Concord – Real estate promotion
- WOTSO – Service offices and co-working
- Apia Driving School – Driver education
- Travel Associates Concord – Information about cruise holidays
- Central Equity Melbourne Property – Melbourne property for sale, rent and short stay
- Welsch Photography – Family photography services
Health and well-being:
- Shape personal training – Personal Training
- Pinnacle Spine & Sports – Health & well-being services
- Orangetheory fitness concord – Orangetheory Fitness memberships
- Bupa Australia – Health insurance
- Rise personal Training & Fitness – Personal Training service
- Carlile Swimming Five Dock – Swimming lessons
Early Learning and Child Care:
- Jenny’s Kindergarten & Early Learning Centre Mortlake – Childcare services
- Kumon Concord Centre – Kumon maths and English tutoring program
- Cubby College Child Care – Child care services
- Endeavour Early Education Concord – Child care
- Cherry Bridge Station Early Learning Centre – Child care
- All arts Academy – Children’s education service & products
- Concord Occasional Child Care – Childcare service information
- Transit Systems (Bridj) – Education for attendees on how to use Bridj
- The Athletic Buddha - After school fitness & CrossFit youth program and stage demonstrations, Sponsoring the Concord Carnival Colouring Competition
- Canada Bay Club - Information on club activities and facilities, Sponsoring the sports activities
- SUEZ - Waste management information
- Trident Projects - Sponsoring the Free Amusement Rides
- Travel Associates Concord - Information about cruise holidays and sponsoring the Circus Playground
- GenesisCare – Health & Well being, juice, smoothie bike activity and sponsoring the Spiegel Tent
- Majors Bay Chamber of Commerce – Sponsoring Cobb & Co horse and carriage rides
- Briars Sport Club - Sporting activities in cricket nets
- Horwood Nolan - Children's gardening activity and real estate information
- Club Five Dock RSL - Information on club activities and facilities and sponsoring the NSW Lancers Memorial Museum
Heritage, Community and Council
Love your suburb or just old things in general? Then you’ll love our selection of heritage pieces ranging from WW2 memorabilia to cars and museum of fire. You’ll find something that’ll tickle your historical fancy.
Enjoy our wide range of heritage vehicles and items on display, including:
- Ron Cox – 2 Vintage Cars including a 1914 Overland
- Sydney Bus Museum – Vintage Leyland ERT1/1 Royal Tiger Worldmasters - 3131
- City of Canada Bay Heritage Society and Museum – Canada Bay & LGA Photos
- NSW Lancers Memorial Museum – A WW2 Bren Gun Carrier and a 106 Recoilless Rifle Gun Buggy Sponsored by Five Dock RSL Sub-branch
- Museum of Fire – Hand drawn, horse drawn and motorised vehicles dating from the late 18th century up to the 1990.
- Cobb & Co Sponsored by Majors Bay Chamber of Commerce – Horse and Carriage rides for 8 - 10 passengers
- WWII Memorabilia – One of the largest privately owned mixture of memorabilia and personal items with an assortment of helmets, articles and posters of the era
Want to learn a bit about what your council is doing? Or maybe you'd like to hear from local community groups about what they're up to. There’s something for everyone at these stalls:
- Radio 2RDJ-FM – Local community radio station
- Drummoyne Art Society – Art class information
- Western Suburbs Lapidary Club – Jewellery workshops
- Brahma Kumaris Australia – Information about free services
- Parramatta River Catchment Group - Information about Parramatta river activities
- All About Swing - Swing dance classes and entertainment
- City of Canada Bay Information Stall – Event information, Council Venues for hire, library services / eLibrary and Road Safety
- Sustainability Team – Find out how you can help support our local wildlife from the people at WIRES (NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service Inc.)
- Resource Recovery & Waste Management Team – Information on how to waste less and recycle more as well as the opportunity to provide feedback on our City's waste and resource recovery services
At Concord Carnival we want everyone to be able to take part in the fun. This is why we've made it much easier for people to attend and enjoy their time.
There will be an accessible drop-off point near the road closure point of Greenlees Avenue and Warbrick Street. Talk to our traffic controllers and stewards on arrival. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any designated parking.
- Accessible transport to the event will be available from the on-demand bus service from BRIDJ and Council's Park and Ride service from Cintra Park —see Transport Options section
- Toilet provision includes one fully accessible toilet unit (AS1428 Compliant) with a path of travel from both the drop-off point and the temporary event bus stop on Greenlees Avenue near Ian Parade
- There will also be two ambulant toilets — one near the cricket nets and one near the temporary event bus stop
- There will be a shade structure in front of the main stage with a designated disabled viewing area
- A free water refill station is available near the cricket nets
For the safety of all attendees there will also be the presence of:
- ACES Security – our crowd safety and stewarding provider
- Medifast – our First Aid provider
- Fire and Rescue Service NSW
- NSW Police
- Canada Bay SES
Getting to the Carnival
We encourage you to cycle or take public transport to and from Concord Carnival, including the on demand bus service, BRIDJ.
BRIDJ has a network of pick-up points across the City from Rhodes to Concord and is offering free travel on BRIDJ for those 18 years and younger going to and from the carnival. Click here for more information on the BRIDJ on-demand bus service and how to take advantage of free travel to Concord Carnival.
Bicycle parking (unsupervised) will be available near the horse and carriage and rides on Greenlees Avenue at the Carnival.
If you prefer to drive, a regular free park and ride service is available from Cintra Park car park to Concord Carnival during the event. Check out the shuttle bus map below.
Concord Farmers Market will be on 8:30am–1pm at Cintra Park car park near our park and ride service. Why not drop into the market and pick up some fresh produce on your way to the carnival? Click here for more information on the farmers market.
Concord Carnival would not be possible without the support of our sponsors: