Win a VIP experience at Ferragosto 2023!
Enjoy Ferragosto in style with a delicious food and drink package valued at $100 thanks to our presenting partner Mayers Fine Food, connecting people of taste since 1957.
One lucky winner will get to indulge in a mouth-watering pasta dish made with Barilla pasta, an antipasti pack filled with tasty Italian cheeses and prosciutto, beverages from San Pellegrino and delicious Baci chocolates, shared on a VIP table for four people at the event.
To enter, visit our Facebook post by Monday, 14 August 2023, and tell us in the comments section in 25 words or less: "Who are some people with good taste that you would love to share this prize with and why?"
Terms & conditions
*Please note, Terms and Conditions updated 11:45 am on Tuesday, 1 August 2023 to include the addition 'for a maximum of four people' to number ten (10) — One lucky winner will get to indulge in a mouth-watering pasta dish made with Barilla pasta, an antipasti pack filled with tasty Italian cheeses and prosciutto, beverages from San Pellegrino and delicious Baci chocolates to the value of $100, shared on a VIP table for a maximum of four people at the event.
Ferragosto 2023 Competition Terms and Conditions
The promoter of this competition is City of Canada Bay of 1A Marlborough Street, Drummoyne NSW 2047, ABN: 79 130 029 35.
- The City of Canada Bay ‘Ferragosto 2023 Competition’ commences at 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 31 July 2023 and ends at 11.59pm AEST Monday, 14 August 2023.
- Entry into the promotion is open to residents of NSW, Australia who are 18 years old and over.
- To enter the competition, entrants comment on the City of Canada Bay’s Ferragosto 2023 Facebook competition post in response to the question: “Who are some people with good taste that you would love to share this prize with and why?” Entries must be 25 words or less. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Entries are limited to one (1) per entrant. If an entrance submits multiple entries, only the most recently submitted entry will be eligible for the competition.
- Participation in the competition by completing the above step is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Employees of the City of Canada Bay and agencies associated with this promotion (City of Canada Bay) are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
- The entries will be judged by a panel, made up of three judges from the following teams: Records Team and Business Improvement.
- The voting will be done by a popular vote by the panel and the decision will be final.
- One lucky winner will get to indulge in a mouth-watering pasta dish made with Barilla pasta, an antipasti pack filled with tasty Italian cheeses and prosciutto, beverages from San Pellegrino and delicious Baci chocolates to the value of $100, shared on a VIP table for a maximum of four people at the event.
- The City of Canada Bay accepts no liability whatsoever for any costs incurred in the preparation of any entry or any other losses arising from the entry.
- The City of Canada Bay reserves the right to not announce any winner.
- Entrants must not seek to approach or influence any panel member during the judging period of this competition. No correspondence will be entered into between the panel and entrants except as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- The panel reserve the right to disqualify and remove the Facebook comment entry of any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory, or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Assessment Criteria: All entrants will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Creativity of the submitted entry.
- Adherence to the entry criteria.
- All entries become and remain the property of the City of Canada Bay and agencies associated with this promotion (Canada Bay Council), and no entrant shall object or take any steps to prevent the use, development, alteration of the entry by Council.
- By entering the competition, the entrant warrants they are the owner of all intellectual property rights in the artwork or have obtained all necessary approvals to permit the use of photo in any competition. Artwork that infringes intellectual property rights will be immediately removed from the competition. You agree to indemnify the City of Canada Bay against any costs that the City of Canada Bay may incur as a result of any intellectual property rights infringement.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute any component of the prize for a prize of equal value at their discretion.
- The City of Canada Bay shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, arising out of the redemption of the prize or in connection with the redemption of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- The City of Canada Bay may use the entrant's name and entry for any purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- The prizes will be judged between 14–18 August 2023 and the winners will be contacted via social media. Winners can redeem their prize at Ferragosto by 4pm on Sunday, 20 August 2023.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winners within 48 hours, the winners will forfeit their prize, which will be offered to the next best entry as deemed by the Judges.
- If for any reason whatsoever a winner does not accept the prize, then the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Prize is subject to any conditions imposed by the Promoter.
- In the case of event cancellation, the Prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter recognises that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By entering the competition, the winner consents to their name being published as winner of the competition and to participate in any publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion in printed and/or online formats.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any of the Prizes to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.