Community facilities play an important role in our communities. They provide places where people from a range of backgrounds and interests can interact, places where the community can build relationships and a community identity, places and resources where residents can meet, learn, recreate and grow.
In many areas they can be the focal point that strengthens the life of the community making it socially sustainable.
The City of Canada Bay provides a sustainable and equitable network of community facilities in the area including:
- early education and care centres providing preschool, long day care and occasional care
- early childhood health centres
- community venues, offices, meeting rooms and function spaces for hire
- community halls
- spaces used as a base for outreach services
- centres/spaces for delivery of programs and services for older people
- youth centres/spaces and
- indoor leisure centres.
Currently there are 124 community facilities provided within the City of Canada Bay. Council owns or has under its care and control 37 (or 30%) of these facilities.
For locations of all the community facilities located in the City of Canada Bay refer to the map/s below.
Page last updated on: 22/01/13