We're making Canada Bay a great place to play! In 2020-21 we have over $2 million of works scheduled across our play spaces.
A highlight includes our recently completed $464,000 Five Dock Park playground upgrade. The project involved replacing and relocating the old playground to a more central location and adding outdoor fitness stations for all ages nearby. The new space incorporates principles of inclusivity, accessibility and intergenerational play. The project included $168,000 of grant funding from the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s Everyone Can Play Program.
Our stage two $1 million Wangal Reserve upgrade is also due to be completed this month. The upgrade will include a new playground with flying fox, jetty improvements, and landscaping works. A kayak launch facility will also be completed in early 2021.
Here’s what else you can look forward to over the next financial year:
- $250,000 to renew Queen Elizabeth Park playground
- $150,000 to renew Henley Park playground
- $150,000 for accessibility improvements across our parks and playgrounds
- $150,000 at Five Dock skatepark
- $90,000 on new shade structures
- $210,000 on outdoor fitness stations
- $290,000 to create a new swim site at Bayview Park.
Click here to see how we're tracking on these plus other projects.