Skip to main content

Commercial developments


The City of Canada Bay has plans, policies and strategies that help shape and manage future development within the local area. Prior to commencing or purchasing a business within the City of Canada Bay it is recommended to liaise with a Duty Planner on 9911 6555 between 8:30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.

The most common planning application made by business owners to the City of Canada Bay is for Business Change of Use. Please review the Change of Use of Retail and Commercial Premises factsheet.

Opening a café, restaurant or small bar? You can use just one form and save months of time with Service NSW Easy to do Business, everything from getting your council development application right the first time, to applying for outdoor dining, liquor licencing and more.

Additionally if you own or occupy a premises with an awning, it is imperative that you consult the City of Canada Bay's Safety of Shop Awning Policy.

Please refer to Permits and Licenses if you are considering operating a home based business.